Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend + More

So this Holiday weekend was fabulous. Why can't every weekend be a three day weekend it is so nice to have lots of time with the hubster!!!!! Lets see, some of the fun things we did this weekend would be:
Friday night Curtis and I spent the night at my Mom and Dads house (We do that frequently)

Saturday we slept in till 11:30, Curtis was not to happy that half the day was slept away. He got over that pretty fast because his brother Ben called him from Oregon. Ben and Melissa moved to Oregon at the end of August and although it has been tough on the family we know it was something they needed to do. We decided that Saturday night we would go to the Bee's game and watch the last game with fireworks. It took 3 hours just to get to the 7th inning stretch and by that time I was so tired I didn't know how I was going to make it two more innings and a 30 minute firework show. So we left early, I think my brother was kinda disappointed cuz I know he wanted to see the fireworks. He was a trouper though and I love him so much for making a sacrifice to leave so his sister could get to bed.

Sunday we went to church to teach our lesson. I planned on giving the lesson but when we got to class one of our kids Jack had brought his baby brother to class. Those of you who know me know that was not a good Idea, I want kids so bad and I was totally distracted. Do you think a lesson even came out of me? No not one gospel related thing was taught in class by me or my hubby. Sometimes I think we are not cut out for this teaching thing and that I'm not exactly a good example. Anyways Sunday night we went to dinner at the In-Laws, it was just chill and so easy going that night. Usually after dinner we all pitch in and clean the kitchen up, but we ate and watched some tv until going over to grandpa and grandma P's house for our usual Sunday treats. Cali(sis-in-law) was in town so grandma made her favorite dessert: Boston Cream Cake. It is to die for. We look forward to treats every week because we love to get together with the whole Pistorius fam.

Monday we went to see Inception again for the second time we love that movie so much!!!! We went with Dad, Dawna, Cali, and Ashton. It was great hanging out with them. After the movie we ate lunch at KFC. I always get the same thing ( Leg, Thigh, Potatoes and Gravy, and a Biscuit) I got so full my tummy hurt so bad. After lunch we went to Barnes and Noble to look for a book or series to read together. We looked for a while and ran across some Stephen King books, they are actually the Dark Tower Series. I also picked up a copy of April Morning by Howard Fast It is one of my favorite war books. We came home right after that and read a good chunk of the First of the Dark Tower series it's a book called The Gunslinger. What a very interesting book so far, I am excited to continue the book and series.

For us we did a lot this weekend however there is one thing I regret not doing over this fun filled weekend and that was spent a little more time with My family. On Monday my, not so little any more, brother Jourdan did his very first Solo flight and I wasn't there to celebrate with him I felt really bad. Also my sister is going on her mission soon and I really wanna spend as much time as I can with her before she leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment